Contractor – Outreach/Information
Department: Justice, Peace and Human Development, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Office: Education & Outreach
- $30-$35/hour depending on experience
- 25-35 hours/week
- Contractor may be located in any U.S. state.
Contractor will assist the Office of Education & Outreach to provide technical assistance and
coordination for communication and outreach efforts by the Department of Justice, Peace and Human
Development. Tasks will include maintaining and updating web pages, databases, e-mail efforts, Zoom
meetings, webinars, document inventories, other written materials, and communication and outreach
resources. Basic comprehension of written Spanish is helpful.
- Creates, monitors and maintains departmental web pages.
- Monitors and maintains JPHD webpages on usccb.org and departmental external websites
(Povertyusa.org, PobrezaUSA.org, and Catholic Social Ministry Gathering event registration and
- Assists with e-newsletter communications, action alerts, electronic surveys and forms, Zoom
meetings, and webinars.
- Provides administrative support for departmental written materials (e.g. documentation,
backgrounders, flyers etc.) as well as statements and publications.
- Maintains and coordinates updates of the departmental databases.
- Maintains departmental Photo Library.
- Maintains department’s document inventory.
- Updates JPHD’s electronic resources and materials.
- Enters information for “Voter Voice” advocacy system for JPHD action alerts and assists other
departments when needed.
- Maintains current knowledge on USCCB systems, such as Sharepoint, Onedrive, Zoom,
myUSCCB, etc. and provides assistance within JPHD.
- Provides administrative support for check requests, internal conference transfer requests, etc.
- Orders supplies, materials, publications, and give-away items for conferences.
- Monitors subscriptions, including renewals and submission of receipts.
- In-person attendance required at annual Catholic Social Ministry Gathering, which usually occurs
in late January or early February. Provides on-site support to set up and oversee staff office and
exhibits, provide technical support, troubleshooting and participant assistance.
- Possible opportunity to periodically assist with departmental exhibits at conferences (1-3/year)
- Attends all-office meetings bi-weekly and participates in 1-1 meetings as needed.
Potential contractors should contact Jill Rauh, Director of Education & Outreach, at email@example.com.