National Pastoral Migratoria ®
Department: Parish Vitality and Mission
Location: Cardinal Meyer Center
3525 S. Lake Park Ave.
Chicago, IL 60653-1402
Hours: Full time
Coordinate the development and implementation of the leadership formation program (in-person and virtual) for National Pastoral Migratoria ® (NPM) in immigrant parish communities across the United States. Pastoral Migratoria ® (PM) is an immigrant leadership ministry of service, justice and accompaniment in parish communities. Ensure high quality culturally sensitive leadership development, training and continuous formation to lay parish leaders at pilot diocesan sites. Provide support to the development of RED (Network) NPM.
1. Coordinate and provide PM leadership formation to pastoral leaders at pilot diocesan sites. Utilize in-person and virtual formats as appropriate.
2. Support the PM implementation process at pilot sites, working in collaboration with the National Outreach Coordinator and the NPM Office*. Develop and implement initiatives for fellowship and continuous formation. Identify formation topics and foster parish cluster efforts.
3. Lead and foster the development of RED NPM as a tool for developing national strategies and a digital space and community to respond to the needs of the immigrant community (e.g. education, advocacy).
4. Develop and update training manuals, guides and course materials including in-person and virtual formats and relevant cultural concepts.
5. Develop and work closely with the local core team of diocesan representatives to identify volunteers for this ministry. Engage the community and adapt the PM program to local needs.
6. Lead the implementation of the NPM Institute, and support its development and facilitation, to introduce PM to new dioceses and deepen/strengthen PM in existing dioceses. Utilize inperson and online formats as appropriate.
7. Support NPM’s community resource development efforts to provide current and relevant resources for immigrants through parishes (e.g. Inmigracion y su Parroquia (IySP). Identify and collect information on local immigrant issues, working with local collaborators.
8. Prepare reports on program outcomes. Assist in developing and tracking evaluation criteria and in impact analysis. Support data gathering for budgets and fundraising as requested. 9. Other duties as assigned. *The NPM Office is at the Archdiocese of Chicago.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Divinity or related field. Master’s preferred.
2. Fully bilingual (Spanish/English) with strong written and oral communication skills.
3. A minimum of 3-5 years work experience in formation training preferably in a pastoral context; with a personal and/or professional history with immigrant communities.
4. Knowledge of immigration issues and legislation; committed to social justice and social action
5. Must demonstrate understanding of and familiarity with Catholic social teaching (See, Judge and Act methodology) and the Church’s evangelization mission.
6. Must demonstrate understanding, respect and support for Catholic Church teaching, mission, and values. Hiring preference may be given to candidates who are Catholic.
7. Familiarity with ministry, pastoral formation, and leadership development utilizing online platforms (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Office 365 Suite, etc.)
8. Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, as well as videoconferencing.
9. Demonstrable leadership, strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
10. Excellent planning, program and organizational development skills.
11. A goal-driven “self-starter” with the ability to multi-task, collaborate and adapt to sudden changes/challenges.
12. Willing to travel up to 75% of the time across the U.S. This position is based in Chicago, IL.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
1. Seeing/Comprehension: 50-100%
2. Hearing: 50-100%
3. Walking/Standing: 25-49%
4. Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: 0-24%
5. Hand/Finger Dexterity: 50-100%