The Archdiocese of Portland, Oregon
POSITION TITLE: Hispanic Ministry Coordinator
Closing Date: When Filled
Location of Job: Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon Pastoral Center Location Address: 2838 E Burnside St, Portland, OR 97214
Position: Full-time, benefits eligible
- Serve as a voice for the Hispanic faithful to Archdiocesan offices, vicariates and parishes.
- Promote the full participation and integration of Hispanics in the life of the Church.
- Encourage more inclusive advancements of Hispanics throughout the Archdiocese.
- Collaborate with other Pastoral Center offices (e.g. Worship, Youth, Faith Formation, Vocations, Stewardship, etc.) to provide consultation, expertise and support to parishes, schools and other apostolates in their ongoing formation for Hispanics.
- Assist parishes in the development of apostolate leaders to serve the Hispanic community through mentoring, training and resource development.
- Oversee efforts to foster ministry to and evangelization of Hispanic Catholics through outreach to pastors and parish leaders.
- Serve as liaison to lay movements, prayer groups, retreat movements and marriage apostolates which are associated with the Hispanic faithful.
- Maintain the Office of Hispanic Ministry’s website and communications.
- Create and Coordinate the Hispanic Advisory Council.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Pastoral Ministries
- Innovative Thinking with fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of challenges.
- Strategy/Visioning: Connect archdiocese strategies into actionable plans and goals.
- Ownership/Initiative: Take personal responsibility and act with urgency to meet commitments, including going beyond what the job typically requires.
- Communication: Use strong verbal and/or written communication skills to clearly and concisely deliver concepts, opinions and ideas in a professional manner.
- Undergraduate degree in Theology or related field is required
- Minimum five (5) years in Hispanic ministry or related field.
- Intermediate computer skills, Microsoft Office, social media and online website updating.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in Spanish and English.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church; with a deep understanding and love for the Church and her teachings. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, sit, hear, and use repetitive motion of the hands/wrists. Lifts and moves items up to 15 pounds. Benefits: The Archdiocese of Portland offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans. Paid time off includes holidays, vacation, and sick leave. Qualified candidates are invited to send their resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references to email@example.com.