Associate Director, Office for Ministry with Young Adults
As part of the re-envisioning and re-structuring of young adult ministry, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia seeks an Associate Director for the newly created Office for Ministry with Young Adults. Aligning its vision with Pope Francis’ apostolic exhortation on young people, Christus Vivit, the mission of this new office is to equip and support parishes and Catholic leaders as they engage and accompany young adults as missionary disciples of Jesus Christ
The Associate Director is a faith-filled missionary disciple who reports to the Director of Ministry with Young Adults and assists the Director with the implementation of the overall vision by:
- building relationships with pastors, pastoral staffs and leadership of parishes with multi-cultural communities by providing resources to develop outreach efforts which accompany their young adults in their spiritual growth and human formation.
- offering specific guidance, formational opportunities, mentoring and consultation services to parishes (through pastors, pastoral staff and parish leadership) with multi-cultural communities in their understanding of accompaniment of young adults.
- assisting with the Archdiocesan programs and initiatives for training, formation and networking parish and other Catholic ministry leaders working with young adults across the Philadelphia area.
- interfacing with other Archdiocesan offices for outreach to young adults in multi-cultural communities and in consultation with the Director.
- developing and managing the office webpage and social media.
- ensuring routine and miscellaneous administrative tasks are accomplished.
The Associate Director position is a full-time position which includes some night and weekend responsibilities with occasional overnight travel. Salary is commensurate to experience.
The ideal candidate for position is a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with:
- a degree in theology, or comparable discipline; Masters preferred.
- fluent in Spanish, preferably a native Spanish speaker.
- experience in administration on parish, collegiate or diocesan level.
- a multi-competent mindset and understanding for ministry to diverse ethnic groups.
- skills in training and supporting local leadership as they build up their ministerial outreach.
- an ability to take direction from superiors while establishing and maintaining good relationships with staff and colleagues.
- a proven track record for planning and managing events from conceptualization to production.
- excellent organizational, communication, computer, time management and interpersonal skills.
- an expertise in using technology and social media for evangelization outreach and engagement.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tool or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. Frequent prolonged use of a computer, driving moderate distances, some lifting and carrying of materials weighing up to 30lbs, generally in connection with presentations and group meetings.